Elevating your legs can have many benefits to your overall health and well-being. Incorporating this into your nightly bed time routine is very easy and here’s why you should consider doing it:
- It helps reduce swelling by promoting the mobility of fluids in your legs.
- It helps relieve tired and sore muscles by draining tension.
- It gives you the benefits of many stretches and yoga postures without the additional strain or effort.
- It helps calms the nervous system when combined with rhythmic breathing.
- It reduces stress and helps you meditate by helping you relax and support your body.
So how do you elevate your legs? You can do this by simply doing the legs up yoga pose against a wall, as seen in the image above or by using support pillows underneath your legs when laying down. Most people are able to feel the benefits of leg elevation immediately. Give it a try and see if it helps you feel more energized and relaxed for your day the next morning.